Vibram Five Fingers TrekSport

Based on the versatility of Vibram FiveFingers KSO, the TrekSport is great outdoor performance shoe for outdoor enthusiasts. Designed with a rugged 4mm cleated outsole to increased traction and protection on a variety of terrain.

MSRP : US$100
Weight : 6.0 oz / 170 gm
Predecessor : Nil
Product Cycle : RY.2010.DY.20XX.
Features : Style : BareFoot Experience : Upper : Coconut Active Carbon Fiber, TUP Toe Protection, Instep Straps, Antimicrobial microfiber : Midsole : 4mm EVA Midsole : Outsole : TC-1 Rubber

View Similar ShoesRBarefoot

MT : A off-road strength building tool or near barefoot running experience.

FFTrekSportTV.VFFTrekSport
History : Five Fingers TrekSport Series : TrekSport('10)


ZebarPlusGlossryG.VFFTrekSportAnatomical Pods : 4mm Vibram outsoles feature anatomically contoured traction pods outsole design that offers more plating protection that follow the contours of your feet and toes to distributes forefoot impact without compromising important ground feedback essential to a proper forefoot strike running form.

Anatomical Microfiber : A washable, bacteria resistant fiber.

Coconut Active Carbon Fiber : Abrasion-resistant upper for great comfort and natural breathability.

Instep Strap : Secure with a rip-and-stick closure which extend from the heel to provide a secure and supportive fit with padded collars with a more comfortable heel.

Polyamide Stretch Fabric : Thin abrasion-resistant polyamide stretch fabric fits low on feet and offers quick-drying comfort; breathable stretch-mesh panels keep debris and grit out.

TC-1 Rubber : Vibram's performance rubber in anatomical design.

TPU Toe Protection : Tear resistant, Thermoplastic Urethane, toe bumpers for enhanced protection.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had read some blog posts and what-not about what vibrams would be good for a Spartan beast and I ended up going with the Treksport. I broke them in, painfully, over a 2 month time span. The most I had ran in them was 8 miles on a treadmill.

Race day was this past Saturday and it was go time for the shoes. 3 miles in I started to get knee pain in my right knee. After a while it also began in my left. Keep in mind that I didn't twist my ankle or anything like that either. I did some careful stepping on the desert like TX landscape. Going down hills gave me the worst pain in my knees and around mile 12 my left foot began to hurt. Thankfully a little over 13 miles and it was over and 2 days later I'm still feeling the pain in my knees and feet.

I attribute quite a bit of it to the shoes and lack of cushion and support. I love Vibrams shoes, this is my 2nd pair, but I don't think I would do that type of race with them again. Having experienced pain almost the entire race it's not something I want to go through again at another one. They seem fine for smooth running but add rough landscape, distance, and other natural factors, and the Treksport at least is a bad choice.